Christ My Song - 1061
Lo! what a glorious sight appears - The Kingdom of Christ among Men (Isaac Watts/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
The Kingdom of Christ among Men.
1. Lo! what a glorious sight appears,
to our believing eyes!
The earth and seas are passed away,
and the old, rolling skies!
2. From the third heaven, where God resides,
that holy, happy place,
the New Jerusalem comes down,
adorned with shining grace.
3. Attending angels shout for joy,
and the bright armies sing,
"Mortals, behold the sacred seat
of your descending King.
4. The God of glory, down to men,
removes his blessed abode;
men, the dear objects of his grace,
and he their loving God.
5. His own soft hand shall wipe the tears
from every weeping eye;
and pains, and groans, and griefs, and fears,
and death itself shall die."
6. How long, dear Saviour! O how long,
shall this bright hour delay?
Fly swifter round, ye wheels of time,
and bring the welcome day.
Isaac Watts, Hymns and Spiritual Songs, Book 1, Hymn 21.