Christ My Song - 1166
"Come in, thou blessed of the Lord" - Receiving a Member
(Thomas Kelly/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
Receiving a Member.
"And he said, Come in, thou blessed of the Lord."
1. "Come in, thou blessed of the Lord,"
enter in Jesu's precious name;
we welcome thee with one accord,
and trust the Saviour does the same.
2. Thy name, 'tis hoped, already stands
marked in the book of life above;
and now to thine we join our hands,
in token of fraternal love.
3. Those joys which earth cannot afford,
we'll seek in fellowship to prove;
joined in one spirit to our Lord,
together bound by mutual love.
4. And while we pass this vale of tears,
we'll make our joys and sorrows known;
we'll share each other's hopes and fears,
and count a brother's case our own.
5. Once more our welcome we repeat,
receive assurance of our love;
and may we all together meet
around the throne of God above!
Thomas Kelly, Hymns on various passages of Scripture, ca. 1853, Hymn 507.