Christ My Song - 120
I say to all men, far and near - The whole World restored in Christ
(Novalis/Catherine Winkworth/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
The whole World restored in Christ.
1. I say to all men, far and near,
that he is risen again;
that he is with us now and here,
and ever shall remain.
2. And what I say, let each this morn
go tell it to his friend,
that soon in every place shall dawn
his kingdom without end.
3. Now first to souls who thus awake
seems earth a fatherland,
a new and endless life they take
with rapture from his hand.
4. The fears of death and of the grave
are whelmed beneath the sea,
and every heart now light and brave
may face the things to be.
5. The way of darkness that he trod
to heaven at last shall come,
and he who hearkens to his word
shall reach his Father's home.
6. Now let the mourner grief no more,
though his beloved sleep,
a happier meeting shall restore
their light to eyes that weep.
7. Now every heart each noble deed
with new resolve may dare:
a glorious harvest shall the seed
in brightest regions bear.
8. He lives, his presence hath not ceased,
though foes and fears be rife;
and thus we hail in Easter's feast
a world renewed to life!