Christ My Song - 1289
"Thy way, O Lord, is in the sea"
(Thomas Kelly/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
"Thy way, O Lord, is in the sea."
"Thy way, O Lord, is in the sea." (Psalm 77,19)
2. All things that are, or great or small,
their being have from thee;
thy work they are – thou mad'st them all,
or else they could not be.
3. How happy, Lord, thy people are,
possessing all in thee!
A portion theirs, surpassing far
the things we hear and see.
4. The future only will disclose
thy people's blessedness,
the perfect blessedness of those
who here thy name confess.
5. For them thou hast reserved a place,
not distant from thy throne:
for them, the heirs of sovereign grace,
of sovereign grace alone.
6. Then welcome be the promised day,
when Jesus comes again;
for this we look, and well we may:
his people triumph then.
Thomas Kelly, Hymns on various passages of Scripture, ca. 1853, Hymn 734.