Christ My Song - 1421
To him who washed them in his blood
(Thomas Kelly/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
To him who washed them in his blood.
"Washed us from our sins in his own blood." (Revelation 1,5)
1. To him who washed them in his blood,
the praise of saints is due;
'tis he who brings them back to God,
he gives them glory too.
2. The Lord with clouds will soon appear:
we cannot tell the day;
there's nothing pure or stable here,
the whole must pass away.
3. New heav'ns, new earth, will then arise,
where saints shall happy be;
"the King", revealed before their eyes,
"in beauty" they shall see.
4. A blessed sight! 'Tis wondrous too,
'tis passing strange, that we,
that sinners should be favoured so,
be giv'n the Lord to see.
5. To see him as he is in heav'n;
and in his glory share;
to sing of grace, of sin forgiv'n,
with all his people there.
6. Then let us raise our thankful songs,
to him who "worthy" is;
eternal praise to him belongs,
eternal praise be his.
Thomas Kelly, Hymns on various passages of Scripture, ca. 1853, Hymn 223.