Christ My Song - 2215
To have each day the thing I wish - The Better Will
(Horatius Bonar/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
The Better Will.
2. 'Tis hard to say without a sigh,
Lord, let thy will be done;
'tis hard to say, My will is thine,
and thine is mine alone.
3. Most truly then thy will is done,
when mine, O Lord, is crossed;
'tis good to see my plans o'erthrown,
my ways in thine all lost.
4. Whate'er thy purpose be, O Lord,
in things or great or small,
let each minutest part be done,
that thou mayst still be all.
5. In all the little things of life,
thyself, Lord, may I see;
in little and in great alike
reveal thy love to me.
6. So shall my undivided life
to thee, my God, be given;
and all this earthly course below
be one dear path to heaven.
Horatius Bonar, Hymns of Faith and Hope II, 1878, 93-94.