Christ My Song - 460
Into the heaven of the heavens hath he gone - The song of the Lamb (Horatius Bonar/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
The song of the Lamb.
2. Dwelleth the light of the glory with him,
light of a glory that cannot grow dim,
light in its silence and beauty and calm,
light in its gladness and brightness and balm.
3. Past are the darkness, the storm, and the war,
come is the radiance that sparkled afar;
breaketh the gleam of the day without end,
riseth the sun that shall never descend.
4. Soundeth the heaven of the heavens with his name,
ringeth the earth with his glory and fame;
ocean and mountain, stream, forest, and flower,
echo his praises and tell of his power.
5. Ever ascendeth the song and the joy,
ever descendeth the love from on high;
blessing, and honour, and glory, and praise,
this is the theme of the hymns that we raise.
6. Life of all life, and true Light of all light,
Star of the dawning, unchangingly bright;
Sun of the Salem whose lamp is the Lamb,
theme of the ever new, ever glad psalm!
7. Give we the glory and praise to the Lamb,
take we the robe, and the harp, and the palm;
sing we the song of the Lamb that was slain,
dying in weakness, but rising to reign.
8. Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power,
wisdom, and riches, and strength evermore,
give ye to him who our battle hath won,
whose are the kingdom, the crown, and the throne.
Horatius Bonar, Hymns of Faith and Hope III, 1878, 112-114.