Christ My Song - 685
Blessed Father, infinite in grace - The Father's love
(John Nelson Darby/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
The Father's love.
2. There will thy love find perfect rest,
where all around is bliss;
where, all in thee supremely blessed,
thy praise their service is!
3. Eternal love their portion is,
where love has found its rest;
and, filled with thee, the constant mind
eternally is blessed.
4. There Christ, the centre of the throng,
shall in his glory shine;
but not an eye those hosts among
but sees that glory thine.
5. Thy counsels too in all thine own,
fulfilled by power divine,
spread wide the glory of thy throne,
where all in glory shine.
6. Yet deeper, if a calmer, joy
the Father's love shall raise,
and every heart find sweet employ
in his eternal praise!
7. Nor is its sweetness now unknown –
well proved in what it's done;
our Father's love with joy we own,
revealed in Christ the Son!
John Nelson Darby, Spiritual Songs, 55-56.