Christ My Song - 119
Blessed morning, whose young dawning rays - Blessed resurrection morn (Isaac Watts/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
Blessed resurrection morn.
1. Blessed morning, whose young dawning rays
beheld our rising God;
that saw him triumph o'er the dust,
and leave his dark abode.
2. In the cold prison of a tomb
the dead Redeemer lay,
till the revolving skies had brought
the third, th' appointed day.
3. Hell and the grave unite their force
to hold our God, in vain;
the sleeping Conqueror arose,
and burst their feeble chain.
4. To thy great name, Almighty Lord,
these sacred hours we pay;
and loud hosannas shall proclaim
the triumph of the day.
5. Salvation and immortal praise
to our victorious King!
Let heaven, and earth, and rocks, and seas,
with glad hosannas ring!
Isaac Watts, Hymns and Spiritual Songs, Book 2, Hymn 72;
and in: Philipp Schaff: Christ in Song, 1870, 210.