Christ My Song - 688
Father, thy sovereign love has sought - Love divine
(John Nelson Darby/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
2. And now, as sons before thy face,
with joyful steps the path we tread,
which leads us on to that blessed place
prepared for us by Christ, our Head.
3. Thou gav'st us, in eternal love,
to him to bring us home to thee,
suited to thine own thoughts above,
as sons, like him, with him to be
4. in thine own house. There Love divine
fills the bright courts with cloudless joy;
but 'tis the love that made us thine
fills all that house without alloy.
5. Oh, boundless grace! What fills with joy
unmingled all that enter there,
God's nature, Love without alloy,
our hearts are given e'en now to share.
6. God's righteousness with glory bright,
which with its radiance fills that sphere –
e'en Christ, of God the power and light –
our title is that light to share.
7. O Mind divine! so must it be,
that glory all belongs to God.
O Love divine! that did decree
we should be part, through Jesus' blood.
8. Oh, keep us, Love divine, near thee,
that we our nothingness may know;
and ever to thy glory be –
walking in faith while here below.
John Nelson Darby, Spiritual Songs, 60-61.