Christ My Song - 815
Thou sweet beloved Will of God - The Will of God
(Gerhard Tersteegen/Frances Bevan/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
The Will of God.
"Here am I, let him do to me as seemeth good unto him."
(2 Samuel 15,26)
2. O Will, that willest good alone,
lead thou the way, thou guidest best;
a silent child, I follow on,
and trusting, lean upon thy Breast.
3. God's Will doth make the bitter sweet,
and all is well when it is done;
unless his Will doth hallow it,
the glory of all joy is gone.
4. Self, Sense, and Reason, they may scorn
that hidden way that leads on high –
still be my deepest will uptorn,
an so the power of Nature die.
5. And if in gloom I see thee not,
I lean upon thy love unknown –
in me thy blessed Will is wrought,
if I will nothing of my own.
6. O spirit of a little child,
of will bereft, untroubled, pure,
I seek thy glory undefiled;
Lord, take my will, thy love is sure.
7. O Will of God, my soul's desire,
my Bread of life in want and pain;
O Will of God, my guiding fire,
unite my will to thine again.
8. O Will, in me thy work be done,
for time, and for eternity –
give joy or sorrow, all are one
to that blessed soul that loveth thee.