Christ My Song - 865
Lamb, thy white-robed people feeding - The Lamb of God
(Frances Bevan/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
The Lamb of God.
"A Lamb without blemish and without spot.” (1 Peter 1,19)
2. Once upon the altar bleeding,
now on God's high throne –
unto thee salvation, glory,
Lamb of God, alone.
3. We before the throne in Heaven
day and night adore
thee, the Lamb, amongst us dwelling
now, and evermore!
4. Lo, we hunger not and thirst not,
nor can sun or heat
smite us in thy rest and shadow
deep, and still, and sweet.
5. Days and nights of lonely sorrow,
long and changeful years,
tell but of the Hand most tender,
wiping all our tears.
6. For our robes, so white, so radiant,
witness as they shine
of the Sacred Blood that washed us,
thine, O Lamb Divine.
T. S. M.
Frances Bevan, Hymns of Ter Steegen and others 2, 1899, 67-68.