Christ My Song - 883
Oh when shall the fair day break - The night watch
(Heinrich Suso/Frances Bevan/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
The night watch.
Psalm 130, 6.
2. O Lord, the ages are long,
and weary my heart for thee,
for thee, O my one Beloved,
whose Voice shall call for me.
3. I would see thee face to face,
thou Light of my weary eyes,
I wait and I watch till morning
shall open the gate of the skies;
4. the morn when I rise aloft,
to my one, my only bliss,
to know the smile of thy welcome,
the mystery of thy kiss.
5. For here hath my foot no rest,
and mine eye sees all things fair
as a dream of a land enchanted,
for my heart's love is not there;
6. and amidst the thronging of men
I am lonelier than alone,
for my eye seeketh One I find not,
my heart craveth only One.