Christ My Song - 90
Art thou weary, art thou languid - Art thou weary?
(Stephen the Sabaite/John Mason Neale/
Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
Art thou weary?
1. Art thou weary, art thou languid,
art thou sore distressed?
"Come to me," saith One, "and coming
be at rest!"
2. Hath he marks to lead me to him,
if he be my Guide?
"In his feet and hands are wound-prints,
and his side."
3. Is there diadem, as Monarch,
that his brow adorns?
"Yea, a crown in very surety,
but of thorns!"
4. If I find him, if I follow,
what his guerdon here?
"Many a sorrow, many a labour,
many a tear."
5. If I still hold closely to him,
what hath he at last?
"Sorrow vanquished, labour ended,
6. If I ask him to receive me,
will he say me nay?
"Not till earth, and not till heaven
7. Finding, following, keeping, struggling,
is he sure to bless?
"Angels, martyrs, prophets, virgins,