Christ My Song - 901
Lord Jesus, are we one with thee? - Union with Christ
(James George Deck/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
Union with Christ.
2. Such was thy grace, that for our sake
thou didst from heaven come down;
with us of flesh and blood partake,
and make our woes thine own.
3. Our sins, our guilt, in love divine,
confessed and borne by thee;
the gall, the curse, the wrath were thine,
to set thy ransomed free.
4. Ascended now, in glory bright,
Head of the Church thou art;
nor life, nor death, nor depth, height,
thy saints and thee can part.
5. Then teach us, Lord, to know and own
the wondrous mystery;
that thou in heaven with us art one,
and we are one with thee.
6. Soon, soon shall come that glorious day,
when, seated on thy throne,
thou shalt to wondering worlds display,
that thou with us art one!
James George Deck, Hymns and Sacred Poems, 1906, 35-36.