Christ My Song - 945
O Lord, 'tis joy to look above (James George Deck/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
O Lord, 'tis joy to look above.
"Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice." (Philippians 4,4)
2. To look beyond the long, dark night,
and hail the coming day,
when thou, to all thy saints in light,
thy glories wilt display.
3. And, oh! 'tis joy the path to trace,
by thee so meekly trod,
and learn of thee to walk in grace
and fellowship with God:
4. Strangers with thee, thy cross to bear,
while dead to all beneath;
thy yoke to take, thy sufferings share,
obedient unto death.
5. 'T is joy to serve thy members here,
our faithful zeal to prove,
and spend our lives and strength to cheer
the objects of thy love.
6. Joy to confess thy blessèd name,
the virtues of thy blood,
and to the wearied heart proclaim,
"Behold the Lamb of God!"
James George Deck, Hymns and Sacred Poems, 1906, 17-18.